Honestly I didn't think day thirty would come and I would be able to say that I hadn't eaten one piece of candy, however I have proved myself and MANY others wrong!
I really did it. No candy since before church on Easter Sunday. It was difficult when the girls I nannied had candy ALL over the house after Easter, but I didn't give in. Maybe this is where my ice addiction has helped me out, and probably the only positive thing about crunching ice. When I get hungry for something sweet I just grab my cup of ice and away I go. Now this may be a more expensive way to go in the long run, when I need new teeth, but I will be skinny because of it!
Weight watchers hasn't gone as well, it is so hard to trach EVERYTHING you eat, but I am going to get back on the bandwagon and retry this diet, because I know it works and it is amazing when it does. I am down 7 pounds since the no candy thing, and very proud of myself.
I really think the next thing I should go without are so many carbs, but I will wait until after my vacation next week to start that one!
So, I am going to continue the no candy thing, and see how long I can go. There is no need to stop while I am ahead, right?
And maybe, just maybe I will begin a workout routine to really get me going. Can anyone give me advice on how to motivate myself in this area? (besides telling me to try on a swimsuit as motivation in itself)!
4.23.2008
30 days NO candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
That seriously is so amazing! I don't think I could do it. Of course after this baby I have got to kick my bootie in gear. So kepp sharing your tricks, I will need them!
Congrats on the no candy! You have inpired me to do the same! Great dedication! As far as motivation goes...it is SO SO SO important to love YOU and remember that you have so much worth, and to treat yourself accordingly. I swear, I only lose weight when I'm kind to myself in my head, so start spoiling yourself and love YOU! (I'm sure you aleady do this, but this is just what helped me shed, slowly, 50 pounds!)
Wow, that is so good, I love sweets. I am doing better !! but a ways to go. I am doing weight watchers, but have not perfected it yet. I keep forgetting to write it down, and then I go over. I am doing curves, so the exercise thing is going great. I walk and garden when I am not at curves. Now if I could just eliminate the sweets. I am going to watch my teenage grandkids for a week, that is so NOT going to help. They are always eating something.
Just a comment, my daughter(skinny) was born today 41 years ago in the middle of a blizzard. On April 23, 1967 it snowed all day. That was the easiest and quickest way to get rid of weight. Two hours of labor and she was here.
Weight Watchers didn't work for me either. I found Eating for Life, from the same author of Body for Life. It is so much easier, b/c he gives you recipes and a grocery list of a bunch of things that you can eat, even sugar free ice cream ;). It has totally helped me. I'm almost back to my preScott weight and size. If you want more info just send me a note.
I actually LOVE weight watchers, and it does work for me, I just am bad at the whole dieting thing sometimes. and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight after 8 months, woo-hoo!!
Post a Comment