So yesterday was our first official snow of the season. I was hoping for a few inches at least, but we only got an inch at the most at our house! I took pictures first thing when I woke up Sunday morning, and about 2 hours later the snow was melted off the ground. It stayed VERY cold though, and didn't even reach 40 degrees yesterday. We knew this storm was coming, so I decided it was about time for FLU SHOTS.
I went to get mine on saturday, however, because I was pregnant they didn't know if it was safe. I found out later it is safe, and beneficial once you are past your first trimester, which I am. Today, I took Paityn to her doctor for HER flu shot, and she did great. I let her grab a cracker out of the bag just as the nurse put the needle in her leg, and she didn't even cry...I don't think she even knew what had just happened! The nurse then said she could do mine, since I told her the story of not getting mine on saturday. Lucky for me, ha ha! I was actually scared, I know how silly, but I HATE needles, and the crackers were not going to do the trick! I held Paityn pretending she was my teddy bear, and all was well.
I decided to take a couple after pictures of Paityn's flu shot day. 







8 comments:
wow - can't believe it's so cold with snow. I was just in Texas for a week and left weather in the 80s and 90s. Is it normal to have snow so early in the season where you live?
It's even in the 80s here at home.
That's good that Paityn didn't even know she got a flu shot. I am like you - I hate needles. The anticipation is worse then the shot. Reminds me I need to get a flu shot soon too.
Nancy
Wow snow. We are lucky if we get any in England these days. Maybe a flake or two in January, or a year or so ago....April.
We want it for Christmas, but never get it.
Flu shots. In the UK only the over 65s get them or people who may be at risk, like some asthmatics. The rest of us have to take our chance, and children I dont thin would ever be given them.
different world.:+)
Great pictures as always.
Yesterday Carlotte dresse dup in her Snow white costume. We didnt have a camera with us....
lOVELY SNOW PICS..We hardley get it here though. well she looks happy after her jab..loving the hairslide..
xx Phebes
sorry for the typos Joy, my keyboard needs new batteries. need a spell check on this thing....not for the comments, just an apology for my sloppiness.
I will try to do better.Have a good day, hope you feel better.
It is great that Paityn didn't have a bad time with the flu shots. The pic of her "flu shot day" sure makes her look older. She is starting to look more a little girl than baby. I do hope you keep the snow in Utah, I want to have more autumn weather. It is lovely here in Illinois.
Snow?? SNOW??!!! That's just too crazy for me to even think about! I live in New England, and I thought WE got snow early! Yikes! It is awfully pretty though, isn't it?
The only time I ever got a flu shot was when I was pregnant with my little one, and yes, it's perfectly safe. Although, I gotta tell ya... I know they say that you don't get sick with the flu when you get the shot, but I did.. something fierce! I don't know what it is about them (and maybe it's purely psychosomatic with me), but the medicine in those shots makes my kids sick, and it definitely made me sick, too!
I pray that it works well for you! :)
How are you feeling these days, by the way? You look really good! :)
Okay... so she is adorable! I love your camera.. it takes such amazing pictures!
It's always nice to hear from you... keep in touch!
Sierra-
ps...sorry your pregnancies are sooooo hard! You'll have to keep me posted when the next go around is. :)
I'm soo jealous of the pretty snow!
Post a Comment