attention loyal readers:

****IF YOU READ MY BLOG AND YOUR BLOG IS NOT ON MY SIDEBAR, PLEASE!!!!! GIVE ME THE ADDRESS. WHEN I CHANGED BLOG NAMES I LOST EVERYONE. I WOULD LOVE TO ADD YOU ALL BACK TO MY LIST!!!****

4.12.2008

Conference Weekend



I know it is a little late, and I used to be so good about posting like the day something happened, but I am a busy mommy! Last weekend we enjoyed spending A LOT of time with family. First on friday, Paityn and I hung out with Granny Lyn at her house, and then went to lunch with her, Annice and cousin Cole. That night Annice, Ben, and Cole came over to hang out with us at our home for a few hours...while the puppies played. On Saturday we went to lunch with Geoff's siblings, Ben, Anmaree, and Matt (Cole came too). Lunch wasn't SO great but the company was...as usual! Saturday afternoon my dad came into town to go fishing, but has been spending time with us, hooray! Geoff and my dad went to Priesthood meeting, and then got something to eat and brought home dinner for me. Sunday we went up to Grandma and Grandpa Heslop's house for the 2nd session, and a potluck dinner with the whole family. We got there earlier than everyone else, and my dad tagged along. It was especially fun to visit with the Grandparents without anyone else there. Grandma made us lunch before conference, she is so sweet. On a side note, I just want to say how lucky I am to have another set of Grandparents as great as these two. They honestly are two of the best people I have met, and think I will ever have a chance to meet!! Grandpa shared a letter he recieved from President Monson after he sent him a letter congratulating him on his new calling as Prophet. They used to work together for the newspaper, and so they have kept in touch all of these years. How neat it was to read that letter from one amazing man to another!!!

So that was our weekend, and here are some pictures to show proof. Unfortunately I have no good pictures of the Heslop Grandparents, I will take some next time we visit!

5 comments:

The Lind's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lind's said...

So not fair! I love conference @ Grandpa and Grandma's! Your picture of my dad totally made me home sick! What a fun family weekend! I have to say I am totally jealous. Paityn is getting so big and of course is darling! When is your next trip to CA? I miss seeing you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos !

Anonymous said...

that sounds great spending so much time with family - sounds like fun. I was visiting family last weekend - although it was 4 hours away, I was only there for less then 24 hrs but saw alot of relatives - saw my baby cousin who is only 6 weeks old, and other cousins and their kids and my Aunt. It was fun.

Great photos of your family members and great photos of Paityn in the post below. My Mom said she wishes she had more candid photos of us growing up and less posed ones, I like some of your candid photos the best.

Anonymous said...

oops - forgot to put my name above - and wanted to mention the dress your daughter is in -is adorable.

Nancy